As I stated in the last update I was on a week of earlies. Monday I made a start on replacing the windows of S56010. Unfortunately, there was only time to replace 5 out of the 6 vestibule windows.
For the rest of the week, I have been carrying out work for Railway Vehicle Preservations as part of the ongoing preparations for Great War, Great Central on the 10th & 11th November. I have been Signwriting their Ambulance Coach in readiness for the event.
On to Saturday and Nick and Jake in attendance, before the weather turned for the worse they were able to paint the headstocks of S56010. The rest of the day turned to prepare for a number of future projects and generally tidying the sidings.
Sunday and everyone on site.
Ross and Jake started with spraying the Bogies of the Tankflat as I added the final detail, the fictional registration plate. After the Remembrance event, this will be altered to more accurately reflect the vehicles 1942 origins. With these final details complete this brings a close to the repaint of this vehicle.
Back on to the Southern brake and myself and Nick completed the replacement of the van windows I began on Monday. Only one of the original panels remain as this was an original glass one still in situ and was easily cleaned up.
Ross and Jake then joined us to add the external white details, Handrails and Lamp brackets.
As can be seen below the vehicle is very much approaching completion and has come along way from the poor state the vehicle had reached.