A small team Saturday, consisting of Nick and Ross. As Ross stated last week the second coat of gloss for the boxvan was sprayed. Gloss was also applied to the door ends and areas covered by the doors when closed.
The northern headstock, eastern sole bar and parts of the western sole bar also received bitumastic paint.
On to Sunday, much cooler weather and a full complement, both the Shocvan and Test Car 2 were hit from all sides. Nick completed the sole bar painting on the Shoc as I tidied up the lining of TC2.
Dave, Ross and Jake looked over all the finer details door edges and inner frames. all areas of overspray. The gangways and the solebar.
I also painted the lettering on the spec plate, Ross added the OLE warning flash and Dave painted the details on the reducing valve.
All of this completes the body side of “2 Car” and the request has gone to the Ops department to turn it. Not only will this allow all of you to see our work in the flesh but will also allow us to begin it all again with the other side.
Whilst most of the above was continuing I turned my attention to the Shocvan, applying the Shoc boxes, we are going for the post-1964 livery and the stripes as applied to our other shock vehicles has made way for the boxes. I also added a black patch for the branding and assorted shades of black for the data panel.
Nick also painted the Lamp irons and Vacuum pipes as well as cutting and priming a pair of Chalk Boards, my last task stanley knife blade in hand to remove the overspray from the windows.
That concludes this weeks update. As always we shall continue next week.